We are a grassroots organization that relies on donations to create community abundance. We can accept your support through donations of cash, food and supplies, or your time! Your donations contribute directly to local food security.
Recurring donations help us create stability for people experiencing food insecurity. Recurring donations help us transform from charity and towards solidarity. $10 pays for a week of groceries for 5 families. $50 pays for a little more than a month for the same 5 families.
You can also donate via check to avoid transaction fees. Checks can be written out to Free Grocery Store, Inc.
Note: Free Grocery Store, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation registered in the State of Florida. We are applying for 501(c)3 tax-exempt charity status. Donations to Free Grocery Store are currently NOT tax-deductible.
We currently accept food donations on our distribution days. On good weather days, you can drop off food in the courtyard, but please text us if you’ve left food so that we know and can bring it inside.
Guidelines for what we can and prefer to accept are as follows:
- Packaged food
- Must be unopened and unexpired
- We look for gluten-free products, vegan substitutes, and canned or dry protein sources!
- Fruits and vegetables
- Must not be moldy or severely damaged
- We welcome farm or garden-fresh vegetables!
- We cannot accept farm-fresh eggs due to food safety guidelines
- Prepared food
- We cannot accept fresh/homemade prepared food